10 Key Strategies for Working/School from Home
Updated: Sep 11, 2021
Working and going to school from home can be challenging. It is so easy to feel overwhelmed by anxiety or sink into a depression that makes it hard to take care of business. It doesn't have to be! Learn how to be successful while sheltering in place!
1. If possible use a different room. See if you can rope off a unique part of the house for work/school.
2. If you use the same room for everything, create rituals to divide space work and home.
- Tell your family your off to school/work
- Pack and unpack your work/school supplies
- Have your morning, work cup of coffee
- 'Commute' by going for a walk
- Get dressed before you go to 'work/school'
3. Create a routine. This helps put your body on auto pilot so you don't have to work so hard to know what needs done. Examples include:
- Get up same time
- Go to bed at the same time
- Start work/school on at the same time
- Meals at roughly the same time
Basically, create and stick to a schedule!
4. Take frequent, but scheduled breaks
5. Declutter your environment.
- Close out tabs on your laptop
- Turn off your phone
- Disable certain websites/apps during certain times
- Turn tv off
6. Set goals either time or task
7. Find ways to hold yourself accountable
8. Reward accomplishments!
9. Be gentle with yourself-set reasonable expectations
10. Remember you are not working from home, you are sheltering in place during a crisis and trying to get work done.
If you have comments, questions or topics you want me to touch on. You can call text me at 217-731-4638. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org - Or drop me a line through my website at contact me